Embroidering gifts and things for babies is one of the most rewarding projects you can do with your Brother SE400. All the little things that babies need are just so cute that they naturally inspire you to personalize them with embroidery. Personalized gifts are fun to make and especially enjoyable when you see how much parents appreciate them.
Two Simple Steps To Personalizing Baby Items
First, find an appropriate embroidery design for the motif. There are a lot of choices: People like pretty designs and colors for little girls — flowers or princesses or magical things. Stronger colors for boys and sports or games. Animals and cartoon characters are for everyone Now, just as I write this, I’m disturbed by my stereotyping, especially as I wasn’t at all that kind of little girl. So you might want to avoid the common ideas. You can find a vast number of embroidery designs on the Internet for free or a reasonable price and easily transfer them into the Brother SE400 via the USB port. You’re sure to find designs to suit any taste and baby.
Then, to personalize the design, add the baby’s name or initials, and/or any cute, meaningful, or inspiring saying depending on the type of the item.
Ideas For Baby Items That You Can Embroider
- Bibs are essential for containing the baby’s first messy attempts at feeding themselves. You can either make them yourself or buy plain ones in bright colors ready to embellish. Just stitch the design in the middle and add the baby’s first name. Or for the easiest option, buy bibs with a design you like and just embroider the baby’s name underneath to personalize it.
- Burp Cloths – In addition to a cute motif relating to milk such as a cow, people love to embroider funny or clever sayings such as “Got Milk” or “Spit Happens.” Or you can simply embroider any design such as a flower or cartoon figure with the baby’s name underneath.
- Baby towels and washcloths embellished with names, initials or designs.
- It seems like babies need a lot of clothes — onesies or bodysuites, sleep suits, hats, bootees and socks, dresses and shirts, — the list goes on and on. You could make a complete outfit with coordinated embroidered designs or embroider just one item. People love onesies with funny sayings and unique graphics. To make it special, personalize it by embroidering her name or a slogan like “Daddy’s Little Girl.” Or for a boy, a spots design or a funny saying. If you knit or crochet, you can make adorable little hats. Because they’re so small, the work goes very quickly and it’s a lot of fun. Or buy plain hats and embroider adorable designs on them. Or buy hats with a design you like and just embroider the baby’s name. Booties can be knitted or just embroidered with a tiny motif and initial.
- Hooded towels are very practical for wrapping the baby in after a bath. Personalize it with his name or initials.
- Baby or crib blankets give you more room for creative designs. As well as decorative designs, you can add the baby’s name or initials; and/or date of birth and weight and length at birth.
Gifts for a new baby are a perfect opportunity for expressing your creativity and wit. In this world of machines and factories, nothing says how much you care like something handmade. I hope this article gave you some good ideas for making your next baby gift extra special by adding your own creative touch.