You can download three Brother SE400 Operation and User’s Manuals in PDF format from Brother’s website. Here are the direct links because it can be hard to find the exact place.
A very handy illustrated guide in color that you can keep referring to for the built-in stitches, embroidery designs, fonts, and frames. Contents:
- Bobbin Winding and Setting
- Upper Threading
- Selecting Stitch Patterns
- Summary of Stitch Patterns
- Preparing to Embroider
- Selecting Embroidery Patterns
- Alphanumeric Character Patterns
- Frame Patterns
- Embroidery Pattern Color Change Table
- Color Thread Conversion Chart
A 172 page manual describing the Brother SE400 and how to use all the various functions: Getting Ready, Sewing Basics, Utility Stitches, and Embroidery.
This manual describes how to use the USB port and cable to connect the SE400 to your computer; how to import embroidery designs into the SE400 from the computer; and how to use a computer to upgrade the SE400’s software.